Parents Volunteer Opportunities
Dear Parents and Grandparents:
We appreciate your willingness to assist in perpetuating Hillsdale College's mission of independent academic excellence. It is a pleasure to work with those who still believe in “liberty and justice for all.” Please review the following list of potential activities and then let us know at your earliest convenience if you wish to volunteer for the College in the following capacities. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
How to Volunteer
For questions about these volunteer opportunities, or to discuss your interests with us, please call 517-607-2382, email or write Mary Ewers, Director of Parent Relations, Hillsdale College, 33 E. College Street, Hillsdale, MI, 49242. You may also contact any subcommittee chairperson via email by clicking on their name below.
You may also download and complete this form.
Grandparents can volunteer too! Click here for form.
On behalf of all those who benefit from your contributions, we thank you in advance for your willingness to volunteer the most precious of commodities—time and energy—toward the most vital of causes—the education of tomorrow's leaders.
Volunteer for the Parents Phonathon
- Monday, October 5 - Thursday, October 8, 2015
- Monday, February 22 - Thursday, February 2, 2016
Calling each evening from 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm:
- 4:30-5:15 pm - Training - FIRST NIGHT ONLY
- 5:15-5:45 pm - Dinner served
- 6:00-9:30 pm - Parents calling Parents
If you need a room at the Dow Center, the College will provide that at no cost to you for each night that you work. We will also provide your meals at the cafeteria if you spend the night.
Please plan to come for all four nights.
You will be first in line to reserve a Dow Center room for Parents Weekend, which is immediately following the Phonathon.
Freshman/New Parents Sub-Committee
Volunteer to host a summer gathering, cookout, etc. in your home for incoming freshmen and returning students in your area! Literature, presentation materials, and guest lists are provided by the Parent Relations Office. The Director of Parent Relations attends as many as possible to give a presentation on how parents can become involved!
- Volunteer to help with the Freshman Send-Off Dinner at Orientation in August.
- Volunteer to call and greet new parents in the fall.
Career Opportunities Sub-Committee
- Participate in on-campus career nights.
- Help conduct on-campus mock interviews.
- Provide internship or summer employment leads for underclassmen and women.
- Provide employment leads for graduates.
Recruiting & Admissions Sub-Committee (HCAAP)
Director of Volunteer Recruitment
- Visiting guidance counselors.
- Attending College Nights.
- Hosting Open Houses for prospective students.
- Supplying names of prospective students
- Alerting the College to schools that would be excellent for recruitment purposes.
Prayer Partners Sub-Committee
Volunteer to be part of a prayer team that prays for the needs of the college including students, faculty and staff. Prayer requests are submitted via email and twice monthly. Prayer Partners receive a prayer letter via email which includes items for prayer.