Transcript Requests

An academic transcript is simply a chronological listing of all course work completed at Hillsdale College. The transcript also includes semester and cumulative grade point information, transfer credit information, and degree information.

An official transcript is printed on colored security paper. It bears both the Registrar’s signature and the College seal. In most cases, the official transcript is sent directly to another institution of higher learning or a place of employment.

An unofficial or student copy transcript is printed on plain white paper and bears neither the Registrar’s signature nor the College seal.

Transcript fees: The first two official transcripts of any order are free. Any additional copies are two dollars each. There is no fee for an unofficial or student transcript.

There are two ways to request your academic transcript from Hillsdale College:

  1. A written request may be mailed to:

    Hillsdale College
    Office of the Registrar
    Re: Transcript Request
    33 East College Street
    Hillsdale, Michigan 49242

    When mailing a request, please indicate your full name in effect while you attended Hillsdale College. Other useful information includes your current address, telephone number and approximate dates of attendance. Be sure to enclose the appropriate transcript fee. You may also complete a request form in the Office of the Registrar, located in Central Hall.

  2. You may request your transcripts by e-mail, at Please mail any transcript fee to the address above.

Official transcripts will normally be processed within one week of request.