Off-Campus Job Listings
For more detailed information, contact:
Hillsdale College, Financial Aid Office
33 East College Street
Hillsdale, MI 49242
Phone: (517) 607-2350
Fax: (517) 607-2298
To post a job, please email email@example.com
Summary: Under general supervision, responsible for coaching and instructing all skill levels of girls and boys gymnastics, from tots through competitive teams.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. The list of tasks is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class.
Sets up, tears down, prepares, and plans gymnastics classes (while following the general curriculum set forth by owner). Instructs tot through competitive team gymnastics classes, including warm-up, stretching, games, and leading songs. Depending on experience, coach compulsory and optional gymnasts at HGC practices. Performs appropriate spotting of gymnasts. Ensures all possible safety measures are observed. Communicates and enforces facility and class policies and procedures. Responds to emergency situations as required and maintains accurate accident and incident reports. Provides excellent customer service, including interacting with participants and/or parents to answer questions and resolve problems. Reports any issues and concerns to supervisor. Complies with City and departmental rules and regulations, policies, and procedures. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education/Experience: Requires experience coaching, and/or participation as a competitive gymnast, cheerleading, or dancing. Must be at least 18 years of age. Must have optional level spotting knowledge and capability. Must be available evenings and 3 Saturdays per college semester during competition season.
Licensing/Certification Requirements: Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid certificates, or the ability to obtain both within 30 days of hire. Valid driver’s license with a safe driving record. Valid USAG safety certification, or the ability to obtain within one year.
Application Procedure: Your résumé will be used as a screening tool. Completeness and accuracy are important! Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hillsdale Gymnastics Center, LLC will conduct a background investigation as a condition of employment.
Starting pay is $10/hour.
Summer Internship at Blue Heron Ministries
Blue Heron Ministries is looking to fill one field steward internship position for the summer of 2015. We are a nonprofit Christian land conservation organization based out of Angola, Indiana. We work with other nonprofit organizations, governmental agencies, and private land owners around northeast Indiana and southwest Michigan. Our mission is to build communities where creation is kept and keep creation so that community may be restored. A description of this internship is as follows:
- Intensive and arduous labor.
- Term will be beginning of June thru mid-August (flexible).
- 35-40 hours a week.
- Invasive species control predominantly in wetlands in Steuben and LaGrange and surrounding counties (Indiana and Michigan).
- Control of herbaceous invasive species (i.e. reed canary grass, cattails, purple loosestrife, etc.) will involve herbicide applications. Some upland and wetland brush control will be included.
- Work conditions will be hot, wet, and poisonous (sumac and Massasaugas)...but where else can you enjoy the presence of God while caring for His creation in such a tangible way?
- Flexible to work with course requirements.
- Able to assist with housing.
- Intern must have a positive attitude, the willingness to learn and take direction, the ability to work independently and with a crew, and possess an attention to detail. No experience necessary.
- Intern will obtain an Indiana pesticide applicator’s license during the internship.
- Interns will gain knowledge on a number of topics including but not limited to:
- Plant identification and monitoring
- Land management practices within prairie and oak ecosystems
- The lawful, ethical, and safe use of herbicides
- Wildlife surveys and monitoring
- Opportunities to network with other conservation organizations
Send resumes to email@example.com Attn: Nate Simons by March 6, 2015. Applicants will be called for interviews the following week.
Church Media Tech
Hillsdale United Brethren Church
240 South Howell Street
Hillsdale, MI 49242
Phone: (517) 437-2151
Fax: (517) 437-1044
Position Hours and Pay: Part Time — 8 hours per week. $10/hour
Overall Responsibility: The church media tech is in charge of the visual aspect of the Hillsdale United Brethren worship services, from what’s shown on the screen to lighting effects. The main duties include (but are not limited to) the creation/preparation of song presentations, announcements, video presentations, and sermon slides.
Reports to: Worship Director and Senior Pastor
- Work with the senior pastor to create sermon slides from his sermon notes and import them into Pro Presenter 5 for Sunday’s use.
- Coordinate with the worship director the preparation and distribution of weekly media sheets, Pro Presenter schedules, and the order of music for the weekly services.
- Manage DVDs, videos, and multimedia presentations provided by the speaker.
- Coordinate with the church staff to create an announcement loop of upcoming events.
- Duplicate the sermon CDs and fill sermon orders.
- Develop and maintain a media team, which consists of live media personnel, live recording personnel, rehearsal personnel, etc.
- Be present/accountable for all worship services and rehearsals.
- Record and edit videos as needed and as time allows.
- Strong motivation with spiritual grounding
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Experience with Pro Presenter desired, but willing to train
- Prior experience with video editing
- Possesses a minimum of an associate’s degree in a related field or at least one year of prior experience. Experience with web design a plus.
Email Jemie Hannon for application referencing this posting.
Are you outgoing and energetic? Are you looking for a fun, customer service oriented part-time job? Malibu Tan is the place for you! We have two locations looking for someone to work 10-20 hours per week. E-mail your resume to Michelle today for an interview. Happy tanning!
- General golf course maintenance including mowing, raking, rolling, weeding, watering, and string trimming.
- Requirements: No previous experience is required, but is helpful. Must perform well in a team environment.
- Hours: 15 to 29 hours per week
- Pay: $9.00/hour
- Location: Radrick Farms Golf Course, Ann Arbor, MI
More information: available here
Contact: Dan Mausolf