Würzburg Summer Program, Germany
Hillsdale College’s Intensive Language Summer School in Würzburg is open to interested students who have completes GRM 201 with a grade of “B” or better. The program allows students to enroll in intermediate-to-advanced-level German courses through normal summer-school procedures. While in Germany, students will be immersed in the life of a typical university town and gain a deeper understanding of German language and culture.
The program is located in Würzburg, Bavaria, on the campus of the Julius-Maximillian-Universität which was founded in 1582. Würzburg is known for the beauty of its southern German baroque churches and castles. The city is situated in the midst of the famous vineyards of the Main River, and is easily reached from Frankfurt.
Participating students live in Universität Würzburg dormitories in single rooms. All classes are taught at Katholische Hochschulgemeinde (Catholic University Association) in the center of town.
The four-week intensive language course takes place in July (July 1-31) and is taught by Hillsdale College faculty and associated faculty from Lebanon Valley College, Pennsylvania. Classes meet every weekday for four hours; numerous excursions and cultural activities are provided, as well as countless hours of conversational German outside of class.
Students receive four Hillsdale College credits for intermediate to advanced German. Participants may register for any combination of GRM 303/304/399/400/350/597. Courses are transferable to other colleges.
Excursions and Cultural Experiences
- Two weekend excursions: Munich and Berlin.
- One-day excursion to Rothenburg or Bamberg.
- Study and attendance of a German play.
- Various local tours and visitations of museums, churches and castles, boat tours.
- Local viniculture presentation.
- Individual US-Germany air transportation
- University housing, excursions, visitations, (all local) transportation: $1600
- Hillsdale College summer school tuition (4 credits): $1680
- German cell-phones are provided.
Hillsdale College offers the merit-based Lilian Rick Study Abroad Scholarship to deserving students for the purpose of foreign study.
For more information contact
Dr. Eberhard Geyer at Hillsdale College: firstname.lastname@example.org.